Twu Luv

April 26, 2011 
Dear Love,
     While I was driving home from Utah the other day the kids were watching "The Princess Bride" and as I listened I got very nostalgic.


Remember back in High School when I stayed home sick and you brought me a get-well-soon basket to my house?  The basket contained a handmade card, a can of chicken noodle soup, some flowers and three movies (what a stud).  You told me those three movies were essential to the healing process of one who's sick.


Although I remember "The Goonies" fondly from my childhood, I think it's a bit too rude and crude for my adult tastes and so it might be a long while before our children are able to watch it.  I may replace it with the movie, "Hook".


The movie, "Willow" was also a fond childhood movie but it too seems a bit rude and crude in my adult memory.  Am I remembering things correctly?!   Even though Madmartigan and those pesky brownies make the movie more for adults, I still like it.  Plus, I like that the children call their father, "Papa" so I'll keep it around.

The best movie of the three is undoubtedly, "The Princess Bride": 







Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.


Prince Humperdinck:[talking to Westley] You truly love each other and so you might have been truly happy. Not one couple in a century has that chance, no matter what the story books say. And so I think no man in a century will suffer as greatly as you will.

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
The Impressive Clergyman: And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...
The Impressive Clergyman: So tweasure your wuv.






Buttercup: [talking to Prince Humperdinck] You can't hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.   

While writing this I was reminded of another time I was home sick from school and you and Britt stopped by to bring me flowers (I had some really great friends!).  I was asleep in bed and I happened to wake up just as you guys drove up to the house.  I was only wearing a t-shirt and I had a major case of bed-head, groggy eyes and sicko breath.  I jumped up as fast as I could, put some clothes on, combed my hair, splashed water on my face and brushed my teeth.  Not that we were going to be kissing while I was sick or while Britt was there, but I still felt the need to freshen up.  

The funny part is that the whole time I was getting semi-presentable the two of you were knocking on the door.  Since I was now looking so fresh and so fine (ha, ha), I was worried it wouldn't look like I was sick so I did something really dumb.  I went and got back in bed because I knew Britt would eventually stop knocking and just come in the house.  When the two of you finally came back to my room I pretended like I hadn't heard you knocking and that I was just waking up.  What a nerd.

Now that you know what I really look like when I first wake up or I'm sick I'm glad you still love me.

xoxo, Me 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I brought Jake "The Goonies" after he had surgery when we were dating. He had never even seen it! He still hasn't watched it. He doesn't like it. Weirdo. I also found out a year or so ago, that the man has never seen Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park! Who did I marry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever diss on willow in front of me again!:) I love that stinkin movie. It played a vital role in me becoming who I am today! Lydia doesn't even know my name. She just calls me "your mother was a lizard". Hahahaha. Oh and the little ones call their father "Dada". But don't let that discourage you from having your kids watch it.

    What a funny story about you getting back in bed hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Danika. Now that I know the kids call their father "Dada" instead of "Papa", what's the point? I mean really.

    P.S. I will now refer to you as lizard.

    ReplyDelete