Visit to see my man

April 24, 2012

Dear Family,

We just got back from Panguitch, UT where the love of my life is doing his last Pharmacy rotation.  We had a super duper good time.

Day 1-  The first day we were there we set out on a hike.  You all know my love for family time in nature.  Ah, it does my soul good.  It was really nice because we only had to drive about 5-10 minutes and then we were in the mountains.


There was still some snow left on the ground and Atticus played in it every chance he got.  



Once we got to the top of the mountain we enjoyed a picnic.  When we were done we started heading back and Trey suggested we pick up trash along the way and put it in the sack we had brought for our lunch.  I thought, "Yeah, great idea, we can put the ONE bottle I saw on the trail in the bag", but I didn't actually say anything out loud.  I know better than that.  


I was glad I didn't say anything because there was so much trash along the trail and I was shocked as to how I could have missed it all when we were hiking up.  I mean, what the heck was I looking at while we were hiking?  I'll tell you what.  It was my husbands good looking booty.


We had to crush cans in order to make room for more trash.  We decided to make a game of it all and play " I Spy".   "I spy with my little eye something that is shiny and blue"... and then the kids would see who could find it the fastest.


 Our bag filled much quicker than I anticipated and we had to tie it up.  There was still tons and ooh it made me mad seeing all that trash.   We probably could have filled a big black trash bag!  


At the bottom of the mountain there was a natural spring where we filled up our water bottles.  Mmm, delicious!!  After hiking the kids took naps and when they woke up we headed to the park for a few hours.

When we got home we made a FEAST of Tabouli, Hummus, Pitas, Veggies, Falafel and Tzatiki.  Oh yeah baby, we were all garliced up.  

Day 2-  We went to church and then to a BBQ in our honor at one of the Pharmacist's home.  It was really nice and it was fun to meet all the people Trey works with.  

After the BBQ we decided to go for a Sunday drive in the mountains.  We found a really cool place with a stream and Trey even found some deer antlers.  Atticus was totally pumped.

On our way back home Trey decided to do a little four wheeling in our Minivan and we ran over something cuh-ra-zy and pretty soon our van sounded like a motorcyle on drugs.  Oh, you've never heard that?  Well, you could hear us all over the valley.  It was nice, real nice.

Day 3 was just as great, but a little lengthy so I'll save that letter for tomorrow.

Love, 
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment