Little Toy Soldier

May 18, 2012

Dear Love,
You know how when I get excited about improving myself I tend to go overboard every. single. time??  I've been trying to do too much and in the process spreading myself too thin.  I thought I could juggle it all while still adding more.  Well, the juggling resulted in a huge mess and left me crying.  I'm sure you're not surprised.

I called you; weeping, to tell you of all my troubles.  You talked me through each botched situation until I felt better about myself.  You always know how to make me feel better.

You once told me I'm like a little toy soldier that gets wound up too tight and I topple over with my legs kicking in the air.  Then you come along, pick me up, let my feet kick for awhile,  and then set me on my course again.  A very funny and true analogy.

When you're so tender to me and use your mad Psychiatry skills it makes me love you all the more.  It also makes me miss you like crazy.  It's been two weeks since I've seen you and it's torture.

Everytime I'm outside the luscious scent of Russian Olives greets me and I think of you.  Why does this smell trigger thoughts of you?  I would wear it if I could.

Love, Me

P.S. I just found out you hate Russian Olives so it's weird that the smell makes me think of you.  The scent of Farmington = Russian Olives by the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment