Santa Fe Opera

July 20, 2012

Dear Love,
We went on a date last night.  To the Santa Fe Opera.  It was free and AMAZING!  The seats we had would have cost us about oh, I don't know, $300!!!   That's right, score of the year. 

I got invited to play BUNCO with some ladies from church and while I was there I met a girl (Emilee) who works at the Santa Fe Opera.  She's the head costume gal.  Well, we got to talking about the Opera and how I wanted to go sometime... yada, yada, yada... and before I knew what was happening she offered me two free tickets for the following night.  I sent you a text:

Me: Do you want to go to the Opera tomorrow?
You: Yes Please.
Me: It would be from 8:30 to midnight.
You: That is a damn long song.  We couldn't find a babysitter for that.  Unless...

Unless what?  I work my magic?  Done.


The Santa Fe Opera sits on top of a hill with this incredible view:


Each opera starts around 8:00pm so that you get to see the sunset.  It's an outdoor theatre and the weather was perfect.  The opera we saw is called Maometto and it's in Italian, but in front of each seat is a little screen with English subtitles.  I loved being able to follow the story.  The scenery, costumes, and singing were all wonderful.  


I'm pumped that I already get to check off something from my, "Must Do While in Santa Fe" list.

Thanks for the lovely date,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Awesome date night! I can't wait to come visit you guys there!

    ReplyDelete