This week your children learned about the letter 'Ll'.
(Click to enlarge)CURRICULUM
- Good Luck, Bad Luck by Rick Brown
- Five Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth
- Love Songs of the Little Bear by Susan Geffers
- Llama Llama misses mama by Anna Dewdney
- Love-a-Duck by Alan James Brown
- Love is in the Air by Apple Jordan
- The children really enjoyed playing "London Bridges Falling Down".
- We acted wild like lions and/or tame like lambs as we moved around the room.
- We sang and danced to "Ten Little Ladybugs"
- Worked on their letter pages for the end of the year books.
- Played "Looking for Lizards" where I hid toy lizards all over the room and when they found one they would tell me something that began with the letter "Ll" or the sound "Ll" makes.
- In the creative play area this month we've had a mail center and this week we focused on finding letters on the letters in the mail. Does that make sense? :)
- We didn't get a chance to do reading practice or flash cards due to the Valentine's Day parties.
Arts and Crafts:
- We made Chinese Lanterns at the beginning of the week for Chinese New Year.
- We made Love ornaments for the parents.
- The children made Love pouches to put their Valentine's in for the party.
- The Tuesday/Thursday class attempted to make "I Like You" bracelets out of Lifesavers at their party, but when it was a big ol' flop I decided not to do it with the other class! :)