Hello preschool parents!
This week your children learned about the letter "Xx". Being a somewhat difficult letter to do Arts and Crafts and Music & Movement with, we did things a bit differently.
- We made the letter "X" with Wikki Stix and then I let the children make their own creations.
"We're making robots and they have powers and they're cool!"
|"I'm just making these little twisty things."|
- We followed a map to find treasure where "X" marks the spot. The treasure was Twix candy bars and Pixy Stix.
|Simone found the treasure!|
|Nora found the treasure!|
- We talked about X-rays and I showed them X-rays of a dog, a hand, a skull, and this:
|An X-ray of my sister-in-laws wedding ring inside her stomach. I told them how it got in there and they all thought it was hilarious. Especially the part when they asked how she got it out and I had to explain to them it came out when she "pooped". Major giggles. Click here if you're curious.|
- We practiced cutting skills by cutting out the letter "X".
|Look how good my big brother can cut! I can't wait until it's my turn!|
- We played tic-tac-toe with x's and o's.
|My game with Austen. He was x's and I was o's.|
|These pictures are from the letter "T" week when we had our tic-tac-toe tournament.|
- For snack we had "Chex Mix" and fruit roll ups shaped like the letter X. On the other day we had a cereal mix of "Trix", "Kix" and "Chex".
|What an eXcellent snack!|
- Of course we still practiced our reading and letters.
|Isaac is an Excellent reader and he doesn't even go into Kindergarten for another year and a half!|
|Dallin was the eXtra special Star Student in his class.|
|Brandon was the eXtra special Star Student in his class.|
Funny Moment: During circle time I was asking all of the kids if they knew any words that had the letter "X" in them. The first word shouted out was, "SEX!" I just kept right on talking and pretended like I didn't hear but it sure was funny!