This week your children learned about the letter 'Zz'.
|Stetson was saying, "Look, I did it!"|
- My "x, y, z" Book by Jane Belk Moncure
- Zoomer by Ned Young
- Zoe's Sheep by Rose Bursik
- The Jazz Fly by Matthew Gollub
- Zoom by Robert Munsch
- When Lulu went to the Zoo by Andy Ellis
|Dancing to the Snazzy Jazz music!|
Music & Movement:
- We played 'Bumble Bee' tag and buzzed around like bees.
- We danced to Snazzy Jazz music.
- We practiced our flash cards and reading books.
- We put puzzles together. Did you know PUZZLES are excellent for beginning readers? The brain uses the same thought process to put puzzles together as it does to put words together.
- We did a worksheet for our ABC books.
- Zips crackers (like Ritz)
- Cheez Itz
- I let them play with their food (sorry)! They took Pretzel sticks and made zigzag lines in jello and then ate it. Mmm.
|During free time. Thayne said he's a king, but Nora |
looks like she doesn't believe him!
Arts and Crafts:
- We colored and cut out different animal pictures and the children had to decide if they belonged on a Farm or in a Zoo.
- We made Zebras by gluing zebra print tissue paper onto a horse template (template found here).