Time Out for Women

March 19, 2012

Dear Love,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for watching the children this weekend so that I could go to Time Out for Women.  It was grand.  It was my birthday present from my dad and Barb and what a good gift it was.

Raise your hand if you think Kaitlin and I look like twins.  We've been asked if we are on more than one occasion.  Next time I'm just going to smile and say, "Yep".

I really liked what Leslie Christensen had to say.  The message of her talk: 
Approach your life as if God has already fulfilled his promises.  What are you praying for?  Is that what you're waiting for to be happy?  Live your life as if He already answered your prayer.  How would you live differently?  Be bold and do everything with a cheerful attitude.

Approach God boldly with your prayer, don't be afraid to ask for the crazy desires of your heart.
  Hebrew 4:16 says, Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we my obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Your motives must be righteous and then go forward with a cheerful and unstoppable attitude.
Colossians 3:12 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.
Enos 1:15 Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.

She shared this inspiring quote from Elder Scott:
We become what we want to be, by consistently being what we want to become.

I liked Hilary Weeks a lot too and she shared a personal story about how she did an experiment to see how many negative thoughts she had during a week.  She began recording them and noticed there was a lot and that at the end of the week she was really depressed.  Nothing in her situation had changed, but by focusing on her negative thoughts it had made her depressed.  She then decided to see how many positive thoughts she had and she made a conscience effort to think more positve.  The results?  You guessed it... she was happier, more motivated, and she had a greater desire to be better.  It was a good reminder for me, the president of the Debbie Downer Club.

I can't remember who shared these scriptures, but I absolutely love them:

Hebrews 12 :1-2 Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

Doctrine and Covenants 111: 11 Therefore, be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them.

You had quite the weekend with three sick kids, soccer games, and your mom was even out of town so she wasn't there to help you.  Thankfully my mom stepped up to help.  Thanks for being so willing to let me run away and recharge.  I feel uplifted and inspired.  You just wait and see, I'm going to rock your world.

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment