Oh man, I love this kid

April 24, 2013

Dear Jonas,
     Oh my goodness, I stinkin love you so much.  I love that you're smart, funny, generous, sensitive ...and a little nerdy.

You started wearing a sweatband to soccer practice, you know, just because.  The other boys on the team teased you to no end about it, but you didn't care.  The coaches son, Mr. Cool, teased you the most and the day after you stopped wearing your sweatband, he came to practice with one on.  
I don't get people.  They're rude and mean.  


You don't get people either.  You don't have very many friends here in Santa Fe, but you seem content enough.  Your best friend is still Lizzy (from Farmington) and you have playdates with her every chance you get.  The last time you had a playdate the two of you were talking about how you used to have a little gang of friends at Apache (Elementary School) and how much fun it was.  You both kind of feel like loners at school now.  Oh how I wish you still went to the same school.

You'll be fine, I know that.  You're strong.  It makes my mama heart sad to see you struggle though.  I want you to be happy.  I'm sorry for not always being there for you.  Being the oldest I put a lot of pressure on you when what you need the most is love and support.  I read a quote the other day that made me think of you and my roll as your mother:

"It's not our job to toughen children up to face a cruel and heartless world.  It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless."
- L.R. Knost


Thanks for being my sweet boy.  I'm so happy that you were born first so that you can be a good example to your siblings.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment