Conference Time!

April 3, 2011

Dear Children,
    As always, conference was wonderful.  Because our last Conference Celebration was such a success we did it again this year.  I made you each your own Conference Booklet and presented it to you along with a new pack of Conference Crayons.  You were so excited!
  
I'm trying to come up the ultimate "C" conference foods to make our Conference Celebration complete.  I think I'm almost there...

Breakfast:  Chocolate Chip Pancakes (note to self: serve with whipped cream next year), Crispy bacon (we only have bacon for special occasions), and Cold orange juice (cold milk would be better).

Lunch:  Chicken Salad with Crackers.

Snack for Conference watching:  Make Carmel Corn next year (Maridyn's recipe...mmm)

Dinner:  sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with  Creamy sun-dried tomato, asparagus and mushroom pasta. (These C's are obviously stretching it.  Dinner needs some tweakage... Couscous and ??)

Dessert:  Cheesecake pops.

We set the table with our best dinnerware and the whole day was meant to feel special.  The mood in our home was very lovely indeed.


I'm still debating as to wether or not we should wear our Sunday best for Conference.  Every other Sunday you usually keep your church clothes on all day so going around in PJ's actually made this day feel different.  It was a casual luxury.  Is that even possible?

Thanks for the great day.

Love, Mama

NOTE:  After talking to Papa I realized part of the reason today was so relaxing and enjoyable was because I didn't have to get myself and four kids ready while my husband was at church meetings.  Sunday best is definitely OUT.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Can I move in? Except please don't make me wear my sunday best all day...I practically undress in the car on the way home from church. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, You may move in as long as you share your wardrobe with me. See added NOTE about the clothes. Not to worry my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete